Sunday, December 4, 2016

Picture in the Newspaper

Last week I found my picture in the main Korean-English newspaper, The Korea Times.  The rugby team I have recently started playing for put together a charity event for a local orphanage.  During the month of November we all participated in the world renowned Movember festivities.  For those unfamiliar, the rules of Movember are simple: one cannot shave for the entire month.  Actually, to be more accurate, one should rock a mustache for the whole month, but considering my line of work and that I look like a predator with a mustache, I choose to keep the whole beard until the last day when I shaved it down to a mustache.

To turn this into a charity event, the whole team grew out their mustaches and auctioned off the privilege to shave them off.  I honestly didn't think anyone would pay for this but I was surprised and we actually raised quite a bit of money.  We also sold raffle tickets for prizes donated by local businesses and accepted other donations.  It was a fun event and it was pretty cool to see my picture in the paper, even if I did look like I belonged on a '70s cop series or like a person who by law has to notify their neighbors of their criminal past.  So thankful to have that off my face.

For the whole article go here


No comments:

Post a Comment