Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Art Exhibit Near My School

So my new school apparently has an art museum right across the street from it.  I did not know this until a friend asked me if I would like to check out an art exhibit with them.  I am not really into art so much, and I don't usually like museums unless it is of something particularly interesting to me.  However, still being relatively new to life in Seoul, one of the things I have tried to force myself to do is to never turn down an opportunity to do something new, so I accepted the invitation.

The exhibit was of a British architect, named Thomas Heatherwick, who has built many notable structures, such as the London Olympic Flame, the new design for the London city buses, and many futuristic buildings around the world.  It was pretty interesting looking at all the creative designs he had created, but the best part of the exhibit was at the end when you got a chance to sit in his unique version of a rocking chair.  Instead of rocking back in forth, you could spin around like a top.  Here is me enjoying the chair.


No comments:

Post a Comment